1. The Holy Spirit is our comforter.
But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you. (Jn. 14:26 AMP)We don’t have to live in despair, discouragement, or depression. We have the Spirit of God as our indwelling friend and comforter.
2. Holy Spirit is our prayer partner.
Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groaning which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. (Rom. 8:26-27 NKJV)
3. The Holy Spirit is our teacher. He will give us revelation and understanding of God’s Word.
[For I always pray to] the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, that He may grant you a spirit of wisdom and revelation [of insight into mysteries and secrets] in the [deep and intimate] knowledge of Him. (Eph. 1:17 AMP)
But as for you, the anointing (the sacred appointment, the unction) which you received from Him abides [permanently] in you; [so] then you have no need that anyone should instruct you. But just as His anointing teaches you concerning everything and is true and is no falsehood, so you must abide in (live in, never depart from) Him [being rooted in Him, knit to Him], just as [His anointing] has taught you [to do]. (1Jn. 2:27 AMP)
4. The Holy Spirit warns us and protects us from danger and harm. This includes accidents, calamity, deceptive people, and other dangers. His protection covers not only our own lives, but our family and children also.
5. The Holy Spirit instructs us.As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” (Acts 13:2)
6. The Holy Spirit leads us and guides us.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God. (Rom. 8:14 NKJV) “Spirit did not permit them” in Acts 16:6-7.